Monday, January 30, 2006

My Nintendo DS makes me long for the days of the Super Nintendo. It's good to know that I now have a place to relive the glory days. I've been playing Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, which makes me wish companies hadn't abandoned the turn based stategy games. I've also been playing Castevania: Dawn of Sorrow, which reminds me of just how amazingly great the last Playstation Castlevania was. And then there's Metroid Fusion, which makes me yearn for the days of Super Metroid, another of the best videogames ever made. Not to say that 3-d games aren't great. Sure they are. But I would kill to see a new, beautifully rendered 2-d Castlevania game on a next generation system.

I have been doing a lot of thinking recently. I haven't been able to put these thoughts to words. I haven't updated this in a long time because of this. Well, that and the fact that I'm never home. I think that depending on what happens when the lease is up here, I might move somewhere else. The leading candidates for change are the Pacific Northwest (Seattle), or back on the east coast (North Carolina or thereabouts). I just don't think my future is here in Colorado. It's funny because a couple months ago I wanted to live in Fort Collins for a long time. I love it here. But my skin is going to walk out on me if I don't move somewhere with humidity.

This entails making new friends, finding new roommates and a new job. I'm not sure how I feel about being completely alone. It could be terrifying and it could be completely refreshing, starting over. I just feel dead ended right now. I know I don't want to be in sales, and this Hertz job is a sales job. I feel dirty when I'm mentioned in conjunction with sales. But I looked at jobs online and I find nothing that interests me. Everyone I know seems to have some kind of direction in life. I have nothing. This is very depressing sometimes.

Is leaving everything behind and starting over the solution to this rutted feeling? Hell if I know. But at least it's something different. I've finished school. I've done everything I've had to do up to this point very well. This is the real world now... I'm not impressed.

Sorry, maybe I'll have something entertaining to say next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment