Wednesday, September 08, 2004

The book Excellent Women should be called Excellent Women Sucks because it sucks. Y'see... Ahh... anyway.

How was your labor day weekend? Mine was so good I'm not even capitalizing it. Let's see... Leslie came up for the whole weekend and it was good. There. No school on Monday means no Spanish, which means Yay!. And I got a test back in there that I got a 75 on. I was kicking ass on it and then I got to the section where we need to know tenses other than present, and I sucked it up. I wish I could remember tenses. Language is hard.

Brian and I are going to enter this contest Bravo is having for a comedy TV series. As nobody knows, we've written like 7 episodes of a script for a sitcom type deal that we were going to try to sell after school. But now there's this contest so today we cleaned up my original, 3 year old pilot episode and we're going to turn that in. If we win, which we won't, but if we do, we go to LA for 10 weeks and do some reality TV type deal that chronicles the making of the show. And that sucks, because reality TV sucks. But we also get $25,000 and the show gets 10 episodes on the air, I think. And you know what, at this point, I'd sell my soul for $25,000 bucks so if it means dropping school for a semester and making a shitty reality TV show, I'll sell out with no regrets. But before any of that happens, we have to win. And to win our show would have to be good. And for our show to be good, someone else would have had to write it. So we're screwed.

My car is a bitchy bitch bitch. So it didn't start last week, so I called the tow truck guy the next day and he came over, started it right up, and towed it to the mechanic, who also started it right up. So that cost 84 bucks and nothing happened. Then it sprung a leak in another coolant hose so that got fixed for 130 bucks or so. And then yesterday it wouldn't start again. So I left it overnight and tried to start it today and it still wouldn't start, so I was like good, it's not going to work, so when I have it towed again they'll actually be able to find what's wrong with it. But then they call today and they go "Yeah, we got your car and it started right up for us." So apparently I'm retarded. I'd think I'm insane, but Charlie's been witness to this car both times it's done this, and Eric and John saw it this time. What I need to do is have those guys at the shop show me how to start my own damn car. So I told them I don't care if it's starting, it doesn't start once a week, and that's too much, and I told them we think it's a short in the electrical system somewhere that's not sending a shock through the car to start it. So we'll see what they have to say. If I get it back and it's fixed then I might keep it for a while, since this is the only problem it has now. But if I get it back and it's not fixed, the thing is going up for sale before something else can break in it.

I'm on the Dean's List. Hip hip hooray? I'm "among the most academically successful students in the College of Liberal Arts and at Colorado State University." The school is proud of my achievements and is "honored" that I've chosen to study with them. See, I got this nice letter from good ol' Heather K. Hardy, Dean over the summer, telling me how awesome I am. And Heather, I have this to say to you. Put up or shut up, lady. Give me some scholarship money if you're so proud of me, or you can take you nice mass produced letter and shove it up your cheap, money witholding ass.

I am seriously going to move sometime. This weekend, maybe, if I can get the paperwork done by then. If not, then... next weekend, I guess. No rush. But when the car and the moving are out of my mind, I'll be like a new man.

Turning music up ridiculously loud and singing until your throat is raw is the best therapy there is. Until next time, keep on keeping on trucking.


No comments:

Post a Comment