Sunday, September 12, 2004

Well, I suck at updating this thing. It's almost been two months, so I guess it's about time I keep you all updated with the many goings on in my life. So here goes, you better prepare yourself for this massive life update.

I've been going to school and doing school work. Fridays from 6-8pm I do a radio show with Yannos. Sometimes on the weekend I do fun things with others.

That just about does it. 2 months of my life summed up in 3 sentences. I'm cool.

I finally got my Joey Cape/Tony Sly acoustic cd back today. Of course, you probably didn't know I lost it, but it's true. I left it at home. Thankfully, it's now back in my possession. And if you don't have it, then you're stupid, because it's really good.

Uh... yes. You'd think after two months it'd be nearly impossible for me to have writer's block so early in the entry, but I'm here to defy all odds.

Billy Collins is officially my favorite poet. If you haven't read anything by him, that's too bad, cause the man kicks ass. His writing is really rich and vivid, but it never leaves you completely lost. I admire that. So it's poetry minus all the bad things you associate with poetry.

Here's something I could do without: shitty livejournal/profile poetry. You know, stuff like this:

Slash My Wrists
I cry tears over
You
And slash my wrists over
You
And you never think about
Me
And you never look at
Me
I can't live without
You
But you live without
Me


All right, enough of that. You get the picture. Now, it's one thing to use uber emo lyrics, but to write your own bad poetry and force others to read it... Well, that's just mean. Of course, I'm one to talk, seeing as how we have a whole page of poetry on our website. Whatever.

What's that you say? A random Top 5 list? Ok, sure.

Top 5 Reasons To Hate Your Neighbors:
1. They never wear shirts. And they're guys. I should've clarified that.
2. They cannot park between the lines.
3. They leave their recycling bin out in the front yard for a week.
4. They trash barstools and a vacuum cleaner and leave the shattered remains scattered all over the common backyard area.
5. Somehow, regardless of 1-4, they still get throngs of girls to come to a dinner party.

I don't base that list off of reality at all. That's just a list of hypotheticals.

All right, enough babbling. I typed a whole lot and said nothing profound whatsoever. So I guess it's about time I get to that super deep moment of the entry: When you cry, the whole world cries too.

No comments:

Post a Comment