Monday, June 20, 2005

You, my friends, are in for a treat. Because, once you finish reading this average post, you will be greeted with Adam's new short story, and it's a good one. So if that's not enough of a reward to suffer through this mindless drivel, well... scroll down and read the story now.

In an effort to post here more often, I'm starting a new feature. So here it is, the big unveiling of... uh... The Irreverent Times Music Fest '05. Or something. Here's the deal: Every week, I will record an original song and post it here. So that, by the end of five or six weeks, I'll have a very rough demo compiled. And here's where you come in. I'll be posting lyrics/notes and then a link to the featured song. I just want you to listen to them and enjoy them (if possible). If you like them, tell all your friends. If you don't like them, tell all your friends. Because it's more fun to ridicule people when you're with others than when you're by yourself. And feel free to post comments. If it's making your ears bleed, let me know. Maybe I'll stop. Unless you're masochistic. In which case, thanks!

So this week's song is called Disclaimer. As the title implies, it's my little statement about what you should expect with my songs. The link is here. You can do the Right Click, Save As thing, or whatever else you do, since you probably know more about computers than me. As for my comments on this song: I like it. It's not my best, but that's not what I'm going for with this. Also, of the handful of songs I've had laying around but never recorded, this is my most recent. What that has to do with anything, I don't know. I think if I were ever to make a real recording of this that's error-free, I'd put hand claps in here, since I feel like hand claps are a cool addition to any song, and it'd fit this one well. This song is also the closest I've come to writing a chorus where the lyrics repeat. It's just a simple, catchy (?) song that's self-deprecating and lots of fun to play. Enjoy!

Disclaimer
I’m not trying to change the world with these songs I wrote in my room. So forgive me if they seem unpolished or my voice sounds out of tune. I’ll just use these same three chords you’ve heard a thousand times before. And this melody? It’s recycled from all those songs you’ve heard before. Man, that sure is pathetic that I don’t even have the time to come up with a decent rhyme. Well, I guess I’m not a poet. But hey, at least I did know it. And, don’t worry, I’ll try not to whine, cause that’s not what I wanted. But sometimes I just can’t help it. You’re too hard to resist and I persist to be the one that you wanted. I hope that this song, like your voice, gets more beautiful with each replay and it grows on you, stemming subliminal messages as you nurture it with age. It’s like how we secretly love those pop songs that we’ve been told to hate (but they were what we wanted). And this is my guilty pleasure, writing these songs in my room that might just change the world for me and you. Cause, this is what I wanted. And I hope you want this too.

Thank you for donating 3 minutes and 56 seconds of your time. I appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment