Thursday, September 01, 2005

Some frat guy on a bike ran into me on my bike on the way home today. He was riding his bike and talking on a cell phone at the same time. I saw him coming from a mile away. I wanted to dodge, but couldn't. Now I am a little cut up and my finger may or may not be broken. I don't think it is, but I was scared there for a little bit. This proves a few theories. One, frat guys are stupid and have to pay for friends because of their stupidity, and they drink a lot, and they're stupid and can't make friends without paying for them. Two, using a vehicle and talking on a cell phone is a bad idea, especially if you're a socially inept frat guy who's stupid and has to pay for friends and act like you joined a frat to do community service, when we all know you did it to get drunk every night and sex up as many unsuspecting drunk girls as you can.

It's been a long time since I wrote anything here, mainly because nothing has happened. Sarai and I are not an item, I live in the apartment on Birch Street, I'm going to drop one of my classes and only be a part time student, and I enjoy my 20 hour work weeks at Officemax, but it's not enough hours. I live with Cam and Danny and they're both easy to get along with roommates. Now you know my life.

I am writing a new story that I think has promise. I'm hoping it'll be the big shebang in my honors thesis, but we'll see. So far it's like a page and a half in 10 font, single spaced, so I have no idea how long it really is. But it's good, I think. We'll see.

People in my honors seminar bug me. For no apparent reason they'll go "When I was in Italy last summer..." or "Growing up in Sumatra, I learned to speak fluent Swahili..." It's like these people spend every day thinking of ways they can try to make you feel inferior to them. Because they're smart. I have nothing to say though. I can be like "My written grammar is pretty good" or "I wrote a story one time..." but it's not the same. In summary, honors people should get over themselves.

I really don't have much to say. I just wanted to let people know that I got hit by some jerk on a bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment