Sunday, September 11, 2005

This is why I don't read the newspaper when I get it. I just clip coupons.

So the government can't take care of its own citizens, that's good news. Glad to know if disaster strikes in one form or another we can all run around screaming our heads off with no one to take charge. I thought the reason we had government was that we give up some of our freedoms to do whatever we want in order that they take care of us in a situation like New Orleans. But apparently our government exists so that they can advance their personal beliefs as law and make a lot more money than they already have.

Gas prices are still really expensive even though the wholesale price has dropped back to a little over 2 bucks. Everyone's still paying around 3. That's, oh, say 80 cents profit per gallon for the gas station owners. On a little gas tank like mine, filling up gives 8.00 profit to the station. Multiply that by the hundreds/thousands of people who fill up each day, most with bigger tanks than mine, and that adds up to me needing to open up a gas station.

Priests abusing kids isn't news so much anymore, but I think accusing a priest who's already dead is pretty stupid. The guy can't even defend himself. It's now 40 years after the fact. Should have spoken up when it was going down. I don't like child abuse, but 40 years later bringing it back up so you can sue someone and get some money isn't real classy either.

And finally, some museum has decided that dinosaurs were created by God 6000 years ago, lived with man, went on the ark with Noah, etc. They say that the fossil record doesn't prove evolution. I say that the fossil record proves that A)The earth wasn't created 6,000 years ago, and B)Dinosaurs didn't live with man. Any rational human being can tell an allegory (the Bible) from a non-fiction account. The earth wasn't created in 6 days or whatever, and it wasn't created 6,000 years ago. Why would God put dinosaur bones, dateable to millions of years ago, in the ground? To make people not believe in him? Doesn't that seem a little weird? If I was some kind of god, I would try my hardest not to make people not believe in me.

I really want Taco Bell and Quiznos. Not at the same time, but I haven't had either in a while and they're both delicious.

I'm going to career fairs on Wednesday and Thursday with a backpack full of resumes. Maybe I'll even shower beforehand.

Intramural softball started last week. We play mens on Thursdays and mixed gender on Wednesdays. We lost both games, though the mens we probably could have won if our left fielder had caught a single ball. I can't play mens this week I think because I have to work on Thursday for some reason. Usually I work Monday Wednesday and Friday but this week they have me Thursday Friday and Saturday. That's lame.

I have a new friend in Australia. The time difference is so big (16.5 hours, I believe) that it makes me smile. I'm getting up and she's going to bed. I'm going to bed and she's starting her day. That's the kind of stuff I enjoy. I also enjoy when she uses Australian slang. Makes me smile.

I learned today that the reason I'm at the bottom of Sarai's "guys I would date" list is because I lack self confidence. She says "it just makes you so unattractive." Wow, that helps. Now I'm going to walk around with a swagger about me, knowing how goddamn unattractive I am. Ah personality and sense of humor, I thought you guys were going to treat me a lot better than you have. I'm not willing to act like an arrogant prick, so goodbye women. I'll try again in 5-10 years when maybe women will start looking for someone who will treat them like a person instead of a walking vagina with boobs. Or I'll just be alone forever. It's a lonely life, but a lot less complicated. Feh.

No comments:

Post a Comment