Monday, June 07, 2004

It has come to my attention that it's been a while since I've posted a link that none of you will go to. Well, that's all about to change.

The Top 10 Conservative Idiots for the week of June 7, 2004. There you go. Read and laugh at the stupidity. Or get disgusted by it. Maybe you can laugh and get disgusted at the same time. I've yet to check out the rest of the site, but if it's good, I'll be sure to maybe possibly let you know.

So the delivery job is officially underway. Yesterday was my first day, and it was pretty good. The 5 hour shift went by pretty fast, but there was just enough down-time to rest and relax a bit. I think I've finally found a summer job I won't mind doing again over winter break. Of course, it's still super early to tell, but still. First day was good, and that's more than I can say about Shoppers.

Re-reading what I just wrote, I'm impressed with the flow of the end of the first sentence and the start of the second. "Underway" to "Yesterday" and then "first day." Good stuff. I know no one cares, but hey, that's good writing if I do say so myself. Which I do, since I wrote it and all. It should also make up for the very long and confusing first sentence to this whole entry. But I digress.

Races to April needs to release their CD already. What's taking them so long? I don't think they realize the mental anguish they're causing me. I've been waiting for this thing for about 8 months now. Wait, wait, no, I take that back. Fall semester of freshman year was when I first saw them live, so it's actually been more like... 21 months. Yeah. Granted, I was able to get my hands on a 3 song EP to hold me over these past few, oh, 10 months or so, but still, that 9 song EP has been in the works forever. I have a feeling it'll be really damn good, and it'll be worth the wait in the end, but for now this anticipation is killing me. If you don't know anything by Races to April, check out the link. If you like it, let me know, I'll buy a CD for you and ship it out to you and everything. I don't mind giving these guys my money, they deserve it.

So I've been watching some third season episodes of the West Wing on Bravo, and Mary-Louise Parker has a recurring role for a good 10 episodes, probably. If you don't know who she is, she is an incredibly, incredibly attractive woman. And I had no idea she was 38 when they were filming the episodes, either. That's crazy. If you've ever needed an incentive to watch the show, she should be it, since she's gorgeous. And the actress that plays Donna is pretty good looking, too. Plus, the writing is great, since Aaron Sorkin is the man at dialogue. So, pretty women + good writing = no excuse for you not to be watching this show.

All right, that's it for now. I'm tired of typing. Speaking of great writing, check out that alliteration. And my excessive comma use, like Adam. Isn't that a sign of a great writer? That actually wasn't a rhetorical question, the correct answer is "yes."

No comments:

Post a Comment