Monday, November 15, 2004

Brian wrote something in here today too, so in order to not have him shut out, go down and read his entry.

Bjork's Medulla CD is weird stuff, but I'm in the mood for it right now. Things are weird.

There was an awesome concert last night that you should have gone to, but you were too busy with other things, like being a loser. If anyone knows how to find anything about this guitar rock band that played called Red Cloud, let me know, because I'd like to hear some recorded stuff by them, if possible. Drag the River was good as always, and Lucero played a hell of a show. They decided to just keep playing what people wanted, then the band left and the singer played three solo songs that were all really awesome. Thursday is the Dwarves. I think I'm going to go to that. Saturday is Strung Out in Denver, if anyone wants to go to that.

Raymond Carver. Everyone should write that name down and go to a bookstore and buy a collection of his short stories. I'm reading "Will you please by quiet, please?" for class and the stories in there are fantastic. They're all just a little off, the endings don't wrap anything up, but at the same time you're like "wow, that was an enjoyable story."

Just so everyone can stop worrying, Leslie and I had a rough week, but things are on the mend. We were just getting upset about stupid stuff (I was, anyway, she had reason to be upset with me), nothing that's relationship ending, and we've made our way through the sludge and are doing better. She's leaving for Cincinatti (I don't think I spelled that right) on Saturday to see her dad for the first time in about four years, so I say we all wish her a good trip. She's scared and excited to see him again, since she loves him but they don't get along very well. So I for one hope she has a good week.

This semester has flown by. I think I'm pulling about straight B's. This is because I haven't paid attention this semester, really. My bad. I don't care, either, though. I've talked to a few people about it, and I'm just done with this. Essay writing can only take you so far until it bores the shit out of you and you just want to be done and never write anything again.

Icelandic is an interesting sounding language. Bjork's serenading me in it right now. I remember reading the book for lyrics to this song and seeing it written and thinking boy, I like languages. How do you learn to be like an Icelandic/English translator? Who speaks Icelandic, other than people from Iceland?

Waxwing. I bought that CD, "Nobody Can Take What Everybody Owns" a long time ago, then I listened to it a week ago playing Grandia and damn if it isn't a really good album. There's a couple songs on there that just blow me away. Rocky Votolato (singer) used to come play solo shows here all the time it seems like, then I found out about him, and now he's staying away. Damn you, Rocky.

I don't know, it really seems like I had something to say earlier, but I forgot. I had a turkey sandwich, a ham and cheese Michelena's Hot Sub, some cheetos, and a bagel for dinner. Lots of carbs. I want to turn into bread, so I'm eating as many carbs as I can.

I'm tired of reading.

I got interviewed by a high school girl for her school's newspaper regarding stereotypes because she read an article on the site. So I think we're about to become celebrities. You'll be able to say us way back when. Autographs are temporarily on sale for only five bucks.

I just had a great idea. Dillinger Escape Plan. Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment