Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Hey, Karo reads this now and I don't know about you, but I think that's pretty sweet.

One more trip back to the political: I was in poetry class talking to these two girls who voted republican in the election, and it turns out they had no idea that 11 states banned gay marriage/civil unions on election night. So maybe we're not as informed a population as I thought we were. Bush has successfully convinced people that the war is the only issue we should be concerned about. The whole loss of freedom in this country should be overlooked because we're at war. And hey, it worked. Yay Bush!

Okay, seriously, are you getting as tired of me as I am, talking about politics all the time? Me too. I just confused myself.

I totally forgot that the new Ted Leo + The Pharmacists album came out. Basically because punknews didn't review it. Then I saw a review today and I was like hells yeah, I should go get that. So I went down the Finest and it wasn't in the new release rack, so I was like you know what, the Finest blows. Because I get like that whenever they don't have what I want. Then I looked in the real part in the T's, then the L's, and there it was for 6 bucks. So that was cool. What wasn't cool was that they didn't have the new Against Me! DVD, so I had to mailorder that. So since I was mailordering one thing I decided to spend about 150 bucks on music through the mail. Whatever. I can make that back in a week and a half of work. This is what happens when life gets boring: I have to buy music. Or games, but Metroid Prime 2 isn't out yet, and Resident Evil 4 won't be out until next year. So music it is.

I also think that relationship problems had something to do with me dropping all the money on music. Not that I want to bore everyone ("everyone" seems like a haughty word for the three people who read this) with my personal life, but... I do. But my CD ended, so I have to go put Lucero in. Hold up. Alright. I tell you what, your life starts getting you down, you put some Lucero on, and everything gets better. Also, if you ever have to drive anywhere, take any Lucero CD with you and you won't even notice the trip. They're here on Sunday at the Aggie, I just realized, so we should totally go to that (Cam, Charlie, Eric). Lucero and Drag the River. Ridiculous. RIDICULOUS! We have to go, that's all there is to it. Then next Saturday is Strung Out. Man, all of a sudden things seem okay. And holy shit, look at this, next... Thursday is the Dwarves, up here in Fort Collins. Sweet. And look, December 11 Matson Jones is playing. Nice.
I heard the owner of the Starlight overdosed. That place was awesome but they don't really do anything there anymore. That's sad. Their website isn't even up anymore, really.

I do all my homework for the week in advance now, and it's okay because it's a lot less stressful, but it's also boring. I have almost beaten Grandia 2 at this point, and I've really enjoyed it. For being years old, it's a pretty good looking game. The story is okay. But the battle system rocks the house, man. It's like the first RPG I've played that I actually look forward to battles.

Leslie let me borrow some Saul Williams books because I have to do a presentation on a poet. He's pretty cool. I hear Brian saw him perform in New York. Leslie now wants to kill Brian. She'll do it, too. Some of his poetry doesn't do it for me, but some of it is really cool. And the title of his third book is ", said the shotgun to the head" and that's a sweet ass title.

I'm stoked about all this live music coming. I'm sure I'll be going to a few/all of those shows by myself, but whatever. I would appreciate company, so let me remind everyone: Drag the River/Lucero at the Aggie on Sunday at 9, 8 bucks. The Dwarves at the Aggie next Thursday, 10 bucks. Strung Out on the 20th (my brother's birthday, maybe I'll take him) in Denver. And Matson Jones is in December, so I'll keep you posted on that. And with that, I think I'm going to go engage in some illegal activity at Eric and John's. Because that's what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment