Monday, November 01, 2004

I know it's a little late for this, being as it's election eve, but if you're not voting, kill yourself, because you don't count and no one loves you. I don't even care if you vote for Bush (but don't, seriously), just vote. I myself may be hanging out at Leslie's friend's house tomorrow night to be surrounded by other liberals. I might even be driven to drink if it looks like Bush is going to win.

I went to the doctor today for my throat. It's been sore for 4 days now. So she gives me medication for my nose and says it'll go away within 7-14 days of it showing up. So great, now I don't have that runny nose problem I never had, and I've only got, you know, 3-10 days left of this shit. Fantastic. This reminds me why I don't go to doctors. She did take a throat culture, so I guess I can call tomorrow and see what I have. But since I've already been dismissed from the doctor, I don't really see the point other than curiosity. And since that killed the cat, well, we all know... uh... next.

Music: Against Me! Seriously. I'm not even going to say more. Tsunami Bomb's album is rock solid, "The Definitive Act." Strung Out's new CD came today, it sounds solid as well. Elliott Smith's final album is amazing after a few listens. It's rougher than his past couple albums so it takes a couple listens to get used to it. And... what else... Me First and the Gimme Gimmes' new album is actually kind of a disappointment for me. Usually I get an album by them and I can't stop listening to it, but the new one's already under a lot of other stuff in my pile here. So yeah. That's music.

I got a haircut. Leslie says it looks good. I guess it does. I was getting hairy. One day at work my hair was all in my ears and I was like "Fuck this, I'm getting a haircut." So I did. And I didn't do anything for Halloween because I'm a cool dude.

What the hell else is going on? I have been keeping myself ahead of the game in homework recently so I've actually had free time, and I've got to say, it's a little overrated. Don't get me wrong, it's better than homework. But I can only spend so much time staring at a screen before I get headaches and bored. Maybe it has to do with the constant pain from my throat, though, that's been making me irritable. Oh, movies.

Movies: Team America was funny. Not hilariously funny, I never lost control of my bowels, but puppets are funny sometimes. I thought I'd get sick of them but they were funny. The puppet sex was good stuff, especially since neither doll had genitals. And then Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow was pretty awesome. The first 15 minutes or so with just Gwyneth Paltrow were pretty boring and I was like "Oh no, this is going to suck," but then the action starts and damn if it wasn't cool. Not at all believable, but I don't ask for believability from a movie like that. I recommend seeing that one. Up next on the Adam Wants to See list are Saw and Ray, because they're only three letters long. Alright, I thought I had something interesting to say but I don't. And I have to go to the bathroom. So if you'll excuse me...

No comments:

Post a Comment