Thursday, February 04, 2010

I really enjoy Grape Nuts. But every time I pour myself a bowlful, I think that I'm eating the leftover remains of every other cereal at the Post factory. I picture all the different cereals fermenting in large tin tanks like you see at breweries. (Why cereal needs to ferment, I don't know.) And at the bottom of these tanks are sliding trays that collect all the crumbs. Then, at the end of the night, the Post workers empty, collect, and bag the leftovers, thus creating a box of Grape Nuts.

It was late last night, I was tired, and my cat came to visit me before I went to bed, as per the usual routine. So I was petting him and talking to him, like normal, when I noticed that he was repeating a lot of the same movements. i.e. he walked up to my pillow, then to the foot of the bed, then plopped down on his side, etc. So I said to him (corny joke alert), "If you keep doing the same thing over and over, I'm going to seriously think you have OCD: Obsessive Cat Disorder."

(Thanks to these two anecdotes, I think I understand now why it is I don't have many friends. Speaking of friends, though, I want to go out drinking with Rip Torn. But only if he looks all haggard like he does in that picture.)

No comments:

Post a Comment