Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Hello. It's been a while. I was down in Virginia this past weekend to see my sister's play at VCU. Friday night, I slept in my old house. Although I knew my mom and Fred had started preparing the house to sell, I didn't quite realize just how far along they were. I walked in and the living room didn't have any carpet. The kitchen counters were stripped. The only piece of furniture in the entire house was the bed I slept in. Have you ever stayed in an unfurnished house? It's creepy.

I've started rewatching Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. If you've enjoyed this blog's high level of discourse re: the news, you'd probably enjoy this show. Aaron Sorkin knows how to write.

If you want a complete mind-fuck of a read, I would suggest Roland Barthes' S/Z. It is simultaneously the most frustrating piece of literary theory I've ever read and the most intriguing. Maybe it's intriguing because I don't fully understand it. But it's crazy.

Can Toby Keith stop making music? That'd make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment