Monday, October 26, 2009

My trend of ostensibly ripping Adam off by only talking about things after he's brought them up continues: Dreams. I don't really remember them. I don't know why, but I never have. That's why it's always exciting when I do recall snippets of my dreams. That happened last night. Again, this is all very fuzzy to me, so don't expect it to make a bunch of sense. But I was back in high school and hanging out with Zooey Deschanel. Yeah, she apparently went to high school with me. Anyway, we were walking around the upstairs hallway of Chantilly High School, right near the top of the stairs on the second floor (where it overlooks the library) and Zooey decided to heckle a group of other kids across the way. She said, "You meddling kids!" and I think she shook her fist and everything. Then I made some sort of Scooby Doo joke (don't remember the specific line) that made her laugh. I made Zooey Deschanel laugh! In my dreams, of course, but hey, where else is it going to happen?

The Lawrence Arms have a new 7" coming out tomorrow. I'd tell you the name of it, but it's pretty gross. Thing is, Amazon already has the mp3s for sale. So I just bought it, right before starting this post. So far: I like it. It's not up to Oh! Calcutta! caliber (I miss the dual vocals), but it's still good stuff. Here I am, 25-and-a-half, sitting by my computer, wearing headphones, and doing that head-bopping thing to punk rock. I wonder how much longer I'm going to like this genre of music. I feel as though the majority of the punk I still listen to is largely based on its nostalgic effect. Which explains why I can't get into any of the newer punk bands. But it's interesting that I can still get into new material by the old bands I used to listen to. (Well, except for maybe NOFX. I gave Coaster one half-listen and that was it.) Anyway, I don't know. Am I going to be that weird approaching-50-year-old who's still listening to punk rock? Is that weird and sad, or kind of noble in its own way?

Think there's someone in the world whose absolute favorite band is UB40? Would you be friends with this person? Why or why not? Discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment