Sunday, December 06, 2009

See, I told you I'd be back soon. (Some may consider this tactic [posting short updates, but more frequently] cheating, but I beg to differ.)

New York, we've gotta talk. If Episcopalians in Los Angeles can be more progressive than you, we're in bad shape. (By the way, there's such a thing as an Archbishop of Canterbury. Maybe this isn't news to you, but it was to me. I found it kind of funny because, when I hear the word "Canterbury," I can really only think of Chaucer's "Canterbury Tales," which makes me think that the Archbishop of Canterbury also belongs in the 14th century, along with the saucy Nicholas and Alison from the Miller's Tale. [Yeah, I had to look that one up on Wikipedia.])

Finally, (Finally? I just got here.) there is a store/chain of stores here in New York called P.C. Richard & Son. On a commercial for the establishment, they use the tagline "Richard IS Reliable." The "IS" is even underlined. And here's where my proclivity to find humor in irony is unfortunate -- I will never be able to trust that Richard actually is reliable. Sorry, P.C. (Which, according it Wikipedia, stands for Peter Christiaan, with umlauts over both of the "a"s.)

No comments:

Post a Comment