Sunday, January 24, 2010

Well hey. Brian here. Sorry for my absence of late. Wish I had a cool excuse (you know, like I gained extraordinary superhero powers and have been improving the world little by little), but no, I've just been normal ol' me. (Or have I????) I also had a bout of sickness, mine lasting a little longer than Adam's crazy-short overnight illness. I saw a few shows (of the music, Broadway, and improv variety). I've seen quite a few movies. Read a couple books. So yeah, I've been busy, you could say.

I had a couple ideas for topical things that are no longer topical and wouldn't work. The best idea was to draw up a chart of other cause-and-effect relationships Pat Robertson uses to explain natural phenomenon. I might get back to this one later. I just have to wait for the next global travesty, then keep an ear out for what Pat has to say. (Not that I'm hoping for such a catastrophe, mind you. But think of the humor!)

I also wanted to talk about this business with Conan and NBC, but Adam covered it. And, by this point, it's done, so it doesn't even matter. Sorry, Conan. Shitty move on NBC's part. Nice send-off, though.

I have an idea in the works for another update. Hopefully it won't take me close to fifteen days to get it up here. My writing has been slow recently. As in: nonexistent. I'm hoping getting back into the taking-classes routine will help with that. It should.

Before I go, I gotta ask a couple questions about your self-portrait, Adam: Why are you holding a Legend of Zelda sword? And what's the A&P all about? I see the letters "A" and "P" together and all I can think of is the frequently-anthologized John Updike short story, which, although it's kind of kick-ass, I don't think is what you're going for.

1 comment:

  1. The Zelda sword is because either those games kick ass, or it's the only sword I can draw in Paint. The A&P book is because that's what we're selling here at work right now: Anatomy and Physiology. I am also wearing a gladiator helmet, not a plunger, as Kelly thought, and the green stuff on my face are face tattoos, not some kind of illness, and that thing around my torso is one of those bullet things for like a machine gun.

    The reason this came up was because people here are taking pictures of themselves with books in order to give their emails a personal flavor when emailing potential customers, and since I am not photogenic, I wanted to create something I could send out with emails that would represent who I am. And I failed.

    ReplyDelete