Sunday, May 23, 2004

So you may have noticed that the updates here aren't coming fast and furious. That's because it's summertime and I have better things to do than update this. Wait, no that's not it. It's because nothing has happened recently. I've been playing a good amount of tennis (the time before today I was rockin', today I was teh suxorz) and lifting weights. I've been waiting around for a job to call me. But no luck. So tomorrow starts round 2. I guess I'll go back to Staples to ask what's up, then head to Home Depot since it's right across the way, then to Lowe's since it's right across the way again. And maybe, depending on my mood, I'll go to the grocery store since I hear they're hiring stock people to work at night. And... a couple restaurants, Taco Mac (that name bugs me, and apparently it's not just a Taco Bell ripoff) and O'Charlie's (why would I want to work at a place named after the Irish version of my roommmate?). And that'll be round 2. And none of them will work out either. And I'll be jobless all summer, and my mom will keep calling me every day and telling me I should get a job and everyone should want to hire me because I'm a good looking, smart young man (mom's words, definitely not mine). And then I'll probably die destitute under a park bench, a sad, lonely alcoholic. Something like that.

I've gotten a ton of CDs recently. The Joey Cape/Tony Sly split is growing on me. Joey Cape is a musical genius. His new song Violet is amazing. The Mountain Goats have a solid release in We Shall all be Healed. Rancid's Life Won't Wait was hard to get into but I am loving it right now. Sleep Station's new album After the War is a damn fine piece of work, and if there were any justice in this world this would be the album to break them out of obscurity. Those are the CDs in heavy rotation here, there's a bunch more that get listens every so often. But I can't think of them.

You know what I like to drink? Whiskey. I mean water. Water is good. It keeps me alive. Especially when I have been sweating all day. I want to give water a hug.

Got done shaving just now, that led to two observations. One, I think my facial hair is growing at an odd pace right now. Maybe it's the altitude change or the humidity. I shave anywhere from one day after I last shaved, to one and a half days, to two days. I don't get it. I do know that I haven't cut myself shaving since I've been out here. I either figured it out or it's easier to shave closer to sea level with more water in the air. I forgot to bring my beard trimmer which I use to bring me back down to an easily shaveable level of facial hair after I "forget" to shave for like six days, so I have to keep on top of shaving while I'm out here.

Also, I have a massive sunburn on my shoulders. Not life ending like the ones I get at Warped every year, but bad enough to burn. I've got some interesting tan lines here. My face is pretty nicely tanned. My neck is pale. My shoulders are red. My forearms are slightly tan. My stomach is blindingly white. I'm kind of like a rainbow of various shades of white, red and brown.

Am I the only one who learned to put commas between every item in a list? I learned that it should be white, red, and brown. But then I moved to Colorado and the teachers were like "what are you, mildly retarded? do you have brain damage? dropped on your head once or twice as a kid? you like pissing us off? why do you put that last comma in there?" They said to do it like at the end of my last paragraph. I don't like that. It's incomplete, it needs another comma. Who's the english major here? Me. Unless you're Brian. Or someone I don't know. All I know is... uh... I don't know anything, it turns out.

Wish me luck in getting Leslie out here and in getting a job. Does that phrase "wish me luck" bother anyone? It's like hey buddy, I'll wish you luck if I feel like it, don't tell me what to do. And does anyone wishing you luck after you tell them to actually make you feel good? It's like holding some guy at gunpoint and telling him "hey, tell me I'm cool or I'll shoot you in the face." So the guy tells you you're cool, but he didn't mean it, he just didn't want to get shot in the face. People who tell you good luck after you say wish me luck are just doing the same thing, basically. They just don't want to sound rude by being like "Fuck that, you ain't getting any luck from me." So wish me luck. If you want to. Otherwise don't, I don't care. Good luck, me.

No comments:

Post a Comment