Thursday, May 20, 2004

Yay for Brian's return for that last entry. He brought back the entertainment and humor that my posts have been so lacking. It's just too easy to write about life. You delude yourself into thinking that someone cares about what you're doing and bam, next thing you know you're at some kind of blogging convention talking about comment software and... whatever blog people talk about, I don't know. Blogging's kind of like writing country songs, you bitch for a while and publish it. If it had twangy music in the background we'd all be getting rich selling music to hicks and kids who want to be hicks.

I went to Best Buy today again looking for the Cape/Sly split, and I actually encountered a helpful employee. I know, I was shocked too. I actually looked around for hidden cameras, half expecting Satan to walk up to me holding a contract. I didn't know whether to look for Cape, Joey, Sly, Tony, Lagwagon, No Use, or what, so I did a little scan of all my major choices and then went and asked this kid, and he looked it up on the computer and it said they had it in store. So he took me back to all the places I'd already looked because apparently I'm a moron who doesn't understand the complex concept of alphabetical order and he couldn't find it either. So he said they must not have it because everything they have is on the shelves. I stick around to perform a more thorough search for a minute and he walks up and goes "I found it" and hands it to me. Apparently it was "in a pile that hadn't been shelved yet." So apparently everything in the store isn't on the shelves, eh, mister I Work at Best Buy so I Know Everything? Whatever, he did find it and he did give it to me and it is pretty rockin, so overall I have to nominate him for Best Best Best Best Best... Buy Employee ever. Because usually you're like "Hey man, can you see if you have this cd?" and they look at you and go "Yes." So they stand there and you go "Well would you mind looking it up?" And they go "Yes." So you stare at them and then wander off. Customer service is fun.

I tried to make a left turn out of Best Buy but there was a little traffic. I was willing to wait it out but I caught a glimpse of the guy behind me and he was subtly (read: not subtly) pointing right. So I thought about just sitting there for a long time wanting to turn left, but then I realized I had stuff to do so I turned right and then turned around. The guy gave me one of these (imagine me doing that three finger okay sign). He may have been a jackass, but at least he was nice about it.

I am really bald. Jesus. I don't like looking in the mirror when I get my hair cut because it reminds me how bald I am. More bald than last time, I'll tell you that much. However, the lady cutting my hair asked my age for some reason (I think it has something to do with being bald) and guessed my 20's, and I said yeah, I'm 20, and asked why, and she said "You just look real young, I was going to say teens but I didn't want to offend you." I don't believe I've ever been called young looking before. Most people tell me I look like I'm 30. At least when I had the beard they did. Who knows now that I'm baby smooth. Anyway, that Nioxin stuff mom bought me is apparently not doing anything because I am bald as shit. And next time you see shit look at it. No hair on there. I'm that bald.

My dad said that now that Leslie reads this every so often I'll have to be less detailed. I don't remember being very detailed, but I have since scrapped my plans of describing in detail every last nuance of my sex life. Or lack thereof. The problem with not knowing who all is reading this is I don't know who I'll offend. The solution is not caring who I offend. Problem solved. If you have any problems you need solved, I can be hired for a nominal fee, whatever that means. I'm also available for birthdays, bar and bat mitzvas, and especially funerals.

No comments:

Post a Comment