Monday, August 31, 2009

I like this blogging during the week, not blogging on the weekends thing we've got going on. It makes it look like we have lives and things to do on the weekend. I'm pretty sure we don't, but the illusion is nice.

I've tried twice to buy Lynyrd Skynyrd's "(pronounced le-nerd skin-nerd)" album. The first time, I didn't look at the record inside the sleeve and came home with a Who album I already own. This time, I bought it for a dollar (which should have been my first clue) only to find out the record is scratchy beyond belief. You can make out the music over the scratches, but it ain't pretty. So hopefully the third time is a charm because I'm not going to let this be my copy of this album, and this album kills. Go to hell if you want to make fun of my classic rock like my brother. He made fun of the fact that I got Jethro Tull's "Aqualung." Whatever man.

I have another hilarious anecdote from Skype at work:

[4:11:33 PM] Adam Jones: on an application to go to this school:
SPIRITUAL INFORMATION
13. Date of your salvation (or approximate):

[4:11:56 PM] Marta: you're joking right?

[4:12:07 PM] Adam Jones: nope

[4:12:09 PM] Marta: OH

[4:12:11 PM] Marta: wait i see

[4:12:23 PM] Marta: the day you said "yes, i take jesus to be etc so on and so forth"

[4:12:34 PM] Marta: not day you will be taken up into heaven in glowing white robes

[4:12:37 PM] Marta: hahaha

[4:12:38 PM] Marta: that's fantastic

[4:12:45 PM] Adam Jones: haha. yeah i think that's right

[4:12:46 PM] Marta: can i put down 12/4/1807

[4:12:48 PM] Marta: and claim previous lives

[4:12:51 PM] Adam Jones: if you're a WITCH

[4:12:57 PM] Marta: or will they look down on that?

[4:13:02 PM] Marta: i'm a heretic

[4:13:03 PM] Adam Jones: i think you probably will not get accepted

[4:13:11 PM] Marta: damn

[4:13:13 PM] Marta: oh wait

[4:13:20 PM] Marta: do you think they look down upon cursing too?

[4:13:27 PM] Adam Jones: they also require a current picture, so you can always hope that will overcome your going-to-hell-edness

[4:13:42 PM] Marta: what if it's a naughty picture?

[4:13:47 PM] Adam Jones: i think they do. they actually ask "19. Do you use the lord's name in vain __yes __no"

[4:13:48 PM] Marta: think that will help or hurt?

[4:13:51 PM] Marta: wow

[4:13:55 PM] Marta: what school is this?!

[4:14:03 PM] Adam Jones: i think that will help actually, from what i hear about pastors in the news

[4:14:20 PM] Marta: if i were a 8 year old little boy that might help too

[4:14:21 PM] Adam Jones: this is champion baptist college, and i made up that number 19

[4:14:29 PM] Marta: Champion Baptist

[4:14:30 PM] Marta: wow

[4:14:33 PM] Marta: wow

[4:14:34 PM] Marta: that's all i can say

[4:14:39 PM] Adam Jones: that's true. i bet if you sent in a picture of a naked 8 year old you would A)get into this school, and B)go to jail
---

Christian colleges are so weird dude. So weird.

I saw Funny People last night finally. Kind of funny, lots of good dick jokes, as per the usual with Apatow and crew. I appreciated what they were trying to do by making a serious funny movie, but Adam Sandler played his character with such despair that it was hard to be jovial, and I don't think the movie reached the goal it set for itself. Still not bad. Next up: Inglourious Basterds. Tomorrow, Cam and I brainstorm ideas for movies or shows that will make us so filthy rich I will spit on all of you poor jerks. Thursday, John and I catch up on what it's like being married/not married. Then the weekend. Partay?

No comments:

Post a Comment