Saturday, August 15, 2009

I'm sitting here listening to the Rise Against 7" that Fat put out and I'm thinking how sad it is that Rise Against is forced to put out their two excellent hardcore punk songs on this medium instead of throwing them onto their CD and breaking up the mid-paced pop-punk monotony that I'm assuming the major label forces them to fill their CDs up with now. I'm not saying that their albums recently have been bad, but it wouldn't hurt to actually put some punk rock songs on there. Listen to the newest one and tell me you don't miss the few harder songs from RPM. That said, Savior is really fun to play on drums in Rock Band.

Speaking of Rock Band, if you're not standing outside your local Best Buy at this point awaiting the release of Beatles Rock Band, you don't know what you're doing. As I type this, the anticipation in this parking lot is growing faster than something that grows fast. And I'm the only one here waiting. So think about that. Seriously though, I might have to quit my job and forsake my friends when that game comes out. I hope no one has a birthday anytime within a couple weeks of 9/9, because I won't remember. I also hope no one wants to go to dinner or do anything, unless they want to come over and play Beatles Rock Band. This game is going to be so sick. So, so sick.

Now I'm listening to the Gaslight Anthem Sink or Swim Demos 7". And I'm excited to report that I will be going to see them with this awesome lineup: Them, Murder by Death, The Loved Ones, and Frank Turner. Hell yes. I'm also going to see the Avett Brothers with my sister in a couple of Saturdays. Hell yes. I love love love being close to concerts. In sadder news, I'm sorry to report that I missed the RX Bandits, et al tour that Brian saw when it came through Denver. Next time. I'm also saddened to report that I missed Gomez when they came through town because I had to go to a work conference. The worst part of that was that we already had tickets and I had to stand up Cam because I'm a loser and didn't equate the dates of this work thing and the concert. Oh well. They'll come around again. I hope.

Now I'm watching Lost. I decided to start it all over again to see if I could pick up on some things I didn't get the first time through or don't remember. I've become aware that there are people in this world who don't watch Lost, and in fact are pretty adamant about never watching it. I don't really understand this phenomenon. Lost is one of the most beautifully shot, interesting shows I have ever seen on TV. It's amazing the job that the show's creators did building mysteries and more or less logically solving them, seasons later. Watching the show again from the beginning, I've picked up on things in season one that aren't answered until season five. It's pretty unfathomable to me that the people working on this show had an entire incredibly complicated six-season story planned out from the very beginning, but it kind of looks like either they did, or they've got a remarkable ability to come up with this stuff off the tops of their heads and make it look like they had it all planned out. With the first four seasons out on DVD, the fifth in the books, and the final season being prepped for early next year, I'd really encourage everyone to go get the first four seasons, watch them from the beginning, and see what you've been missing. If you've already seen the show, I'd recommend watching it again to remind yourself of what happened in the beginning before the soon to be totally awesome or totally terrible final season comes on.

Well, I'm off to Bisbee, AZ. I'll be back on Friday. Sayonara.

No comments:

Post a Comment