Thursday, August 27, 2009

I'd just like to share a couple of conversations from work today with you all:

[3:05:43 PM] Adam Jones: yeah i've started checking out the gym at the top of my building because i have finally decided it would not kill me to lose 30 pounds or so. it also would not kill me to be able to shit gold, but both of those things have an equal likelihood of happening
---
That's not really a conversation, but I'm fucking hilarious. Next!
---
[4:18:00 PM] Adam Jones: only one of the three black people who went to school at this place graduated

[4:18:19 PM] Kelly: that is a horrible statistic! they should try and remove that one

[4:18:33 PM] Adam Jones: whereas one of the two hispanics did. therefore, hispanics are the superior race

[4:18:45 PM] Adam Jones: oh those are just the men

[4:18:55 PM] Adam Jones: every single one of the one black woman who went there graduated

[4:19:06 PM] Kelly: hahahah! women rule

[4:19:07 PM] Adam Jones: and neither of the two hispanic women did

[4:19:11 PM] Kelly: oh

[4:19:45 PM] Adam Jones: so actually the black race is far superior with a total of two out of four, versus one out of four for the hispanics. glad i settled that debate

[4:20:20 PM] Kelly: i don't really feel is was a participating member of this debat...but i'm glad you settled it
---
Also, I've listened to two of the three Bouncing Souls 7"s that I have from this 20th Anniversary series, and both of them have a weird thing where the record will not go onto song 4 from song 3. This is annoying because I have to get up, push the arm forward over the weird skipping part, and then I miss the first couple seconds of the song. I'm going to listen to the 3rd in the series in a couple of minutes, so we'll see if this is some kind of weird attempt at a "secret song" or what.

I don't really think I know very much about Ted Kennedy, but I was surprisingly saddened at his death. I mean I knew he was sick and probably at the end of his rope so it wasn't a surprise, but I kind of feel like a lot of the intelligence and grace was sucked out of the Earth's atmosphere.

Got my tickets in the mail for the Gaslight Anthem/Murder By Death/Frank Turner show today. That is going to be so good. Speaking of shows, the Avett Brothers (pronounced, much to my dismay, AY-vet) show was awesome. Wasn't real big on the first band, someone something and the Sound Outside. But the Avett Brothers killed it man. They take FOREVER between songs, but that's because they're switching instruments. The banjo player runs to the drums, the guitarist goes to a keyboard, the bass player goes from standup to guitar style bass. The crazy Asian cellist was awesome even if I didn't imagine a kung-fu master from the 80's to be in their tour band. The new album I and Love and You is going to be awesome from the few songs they played at the show, if a little more rock and a little less bluegrass. It was weird that they were on tour right BEFORE the album comes out so you couldn't buy it at the show and nobody knew any of the new songs. But whatever. Soon I will be getting tickets for Lucero in October. I'm glad they're coming back so quickly after the last debacle where I didn't buy tickets ahead of time and we went and could not get in. Lesson learned! Their new album sounds promising too, even if I'm not totally sure about the inclusion of horns and keyboards on almost every song. I pre-ordered the album and got like 5 songs in mp3 form and a couple of those are some of the best Lucero songs I've heard.

I kind of dig blogging again. I've been emailing myself stuff from work to blog about on here when I get home. About a third of that makes it, but at least I'm trying. Also I was motivated by Des in two ways. First, she started blogging. Second, she said "Brian blogs way more than you and I don't even know that guy." Take that, Brian! Or me. Take that, The Irreverent Times editorial staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment