Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Interesting (perhaps) fun (questionable) fact (undisputed): In my 25 years of existence, I've never once cut myself while picking up glass. Interesting and fun, huh? Now, it's not like collecting and disposing of glass shards is a pastime of mine. This isn't an everyday occurrence. I don't hold the world record for "Most Amount of Glass Picked Up in a Single Lifetime." (Though I often wish I did.) Still, when the situation arises, I can swoop in, get things back to order, and we don't have to break out eight feet of gauze.

Insert the "you can predict what happens next" music...

So, today I cut myself while picking up glass. It kinda hurt. And, for such a tiny puncture, I was surprised at how much blood came out. Not gushing, but definitely flowing. Thankfully, I didn't end up needing gauze (though, while I was sitting by the sink, rinsing out the wound, I wish I had some), but I did go through a few band-aids in about ten minutes. And now I have a band-aid wrapped around the tip of my finger, which makes typing all of this out rather difficult. But that's just how dedicated I am (to the cause of updating you with mundane goings-on in my life).

Also, I apologize for the graphic nature of this post. I should've posted a warning at the top. I understand if you're feeling queasy. I also understand if you laughed just now while reading the word "queasy." It's really very hard for me to take anyone who says "queasy" seriously. Anyway, if you're feeling nauseous, I apologize. As a result, I think we can just gloss over why, exactly, I had to pick up broken glass. No need to discuss the details. It's safe to assume I was acting in my ever-present sound judgment and surely not doing something boneheadedly stupid. Like, say, trying to hang a picture frame containing a vinyl record by a single thumbtack. Ha! Who'd even TRY that?

No comments:

Post a Comment