Thursday, February 26, 2009

I saw boobs!

But really, Mardi Gras is more interesting than that. It's full of family-oriented parades and all-day tailgates. The drinking and eating start early and go until late. There can be one to four parades in any given day. Beads come at you at velocities and directions unknown. The bags of beads -- usually containing 8 to 10 pairs of beads -- are like missiles. Even a single strand of beads can do significant damage. I'm not ashamed to admit I got hit in the face twice. It stung, but it was the kind of sting of success.

As a result of the trip, I am now sick. My upper-respiratory system can shove off it, for all I care. I'll be back later, when I'm feeling healthy and witty. In the meantime, I leave you with this, from Saturday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment