Friday, February 20, 2009

Would it be okay if I went against the grain of my like-minded-and-aged people and asked a simple question? One that may cause me to be cast out from the liberal 20-something crowds that I've been known to associate myself with? Actually, I don't really care if it's okay. It's my onnal (see first post ever in this thing) and I'll do what I want.

Does Barack Obama have a fucking CLUE what he's doing?

My answer here to my own question is twofold. First, I'm having trouble accepting a few parts of his presidency so far. One, he's still traveling around the country having town hall meetings. Sir, you've already won the election. We all saw what a great campaigner you are. That, combined with the fact that any sane person could not have voted for any ticket with Sarah Palin on it, guaranteed the massive landslide that you rode into D.C. on. You can stop campaigning now. Don't talk yourself out of the sale.

Two, and I don't know if anyone really realizes this or not, but the man is running around looking A LOT like that last guy who was in office. Using fear to pass your will through Congress? Where have I seen that before? I don't mean to be negative of The New Christ, but maybe instead of shouting from the mountaintop "HEY! WE'RE FUCKED! FUUUUUCKED! IF WE DON'T START THROWING MONEY AROUND LIKE CRAZY WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE, AND THAT'S JUST HOW IT IS!" maybe an approach such as "Don't panic, America. We're facing hard times right now, but I know what I'm doing. Let me lay out my plan in plain English to you to convince you logically that this will help," would be a breath of fresh air. I know I'd appreciate it.

Third, though I know I said this answer was twofold, is a simple "No." That's the easy answer to the question I posed earlier, though it's not Obama's fault. What's really astounding about this, and probably the reason I never did understand economics, is that we've created systems that are so far above anyone's heads that no one knows how to fix this. This economic slowdown/meltdown/apocalypse/whatever is akin to the robots rising up against their creators. We made this economy, and it's turned against us, and there is not one single human being on the face of the earth that knows what the solution is.

Everyone's got their opinions: Republicans cling to the long dead corpse that is tax cuts. Democrats figure if we throw enough money at the wall, eventually something will stick. Anarchists think we should abandon the whole thing and let the country burn. Apathists think that we should do nothing and let the natural rises and falls in the economy get us back to where we should be. Darwinists think we should let all the idiots who lived above their means starve to death in the streets, thus allowing humanity to move on in a more responsibe manner. Hippies think we should invent electric cars (again). Cats enjoy laying in the sun. Dogs like sniffing butts. Me, I don't know what the hell to do. I just wish that someone would at least put on a brave face and make me feel like I don't need to learn how to build weapons from the scraps of our soon to be burnt out and destroyed cities in order to ensure my own survival after the impending downfall of America. I wish that Obama would do that. He's such a good speaker, and he's a liar like all other politicians, so why not just fucking lie to us and tell us it's going to be okay? A little optimism couldn't do any harm right now, could it?

No comments:

Post a Comment