Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I try not to say bad things about people I know. It's petty and gossipy and doesn't accomplish anything, but the hell with all that. There's a guy in my Literary Criticisms class that I just don't like. All I'll say about him is encapsulated in this sentence I jotted down in my notebook: "There are times when he makes a point and I don't understand what the fuck it ties into."

This is a new habit of mine. Rather than just write notes from class, I'll throw in pieces of dialogue or random thoughts. Here's something someone said a few classes ago: "But it's TV, though. Who wants to see an ugly person?" Here's an aside from my literature class with the monotone/dull professor (who's gotten much better about showing some personality, actually): "He confuses a funeral scene with a wedding scene? Really?" Speaking of this professor, I've compiled a greatest-hits collection of his flat responses to interesting points people have made in class. My typing them out won't do this justice, as his delivery is totally what makes it, but here goes. "'Experience.' Hmm..." "Well, there's something..." "That's for sure, yes..." And then, of course, the old standby: "Okay."

Tomorrow, I'm heading back to Virginia. Adam, you should ride the coattails of your triumphant return and entertain these nice people while I'm gone. Have a good Thanksgiving, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment