Monday, November 09, 2009

Two things I forgot to mention yesterday. One: (and I can't believe I forgot, because it was awesome) at the "house show," Rocky Votolato played a cover of Cat Steven's "Father and Son." And two: CNN recently revamped their website. I really don't like the new look. At all. Thus, I have the impetus to finally drop CNN and pick up BBC News. It's amazing how the BBC doesn't seem to ever mention Jon and Kate. Instead, one of their main stories today is how everyone's favorite wrinkly-faced curmudgeon, Rupert Murdoch, wants to ban Google from using his company's news stories in search results. This precedes an eventual charge-for-content platform that Murdoch is planning for all of his news websites. So, hmmm. Jon and Kate, or Rupert Murdoch suppressing Google for his own financial gain in a move that could be highly-influential in the future of accessing information on the internet? One of these seems slightly more important than the other.

But that's not even the point I wanted to make. CNN's new design features two main stories right at the top of the page, accompanied with pictures. And any time I see two pictures/headlines right next to each other, I get all excited to look for...

Instances of Awkward or Unfortunate Juxtapositions





No comments:

Post a Comment