Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Happy 100th post! Triple digits -- I think some self-congratulation is in order. So, first off, thanks to Adam for resurrecting this crazy old blog. I'm still not sure what inspired you, exactly, to give it another go, but I'm glad that you did. And thanks for letting me jump back on board. I've had a great time.

Also, thank you. That's you. The person reading these words. Most the time I'm just here to amuse myself, but I like to think that there are other people out there who also read this and smile.

That's the good news. The bad? I totally psyched myself up to bring my situation with the Beatles'-song-title girl to a point tonight, but my professor interfered with my plans. Seriously, what the hell? Here's the scoop: My stories got workshopped tonight. On my way out, as I was about to strike up the usual post-class talk with this girl, my professor started calling my name. Apparently, she sets up post-workshop meetings with everyone, so we had to figure out logistics. This, of course, set me back a good minute, minute and a half. By which point, when I exited the building, B-s-t girl had already left. Can you believe that shit? And yes, I've resisted the urge several times already to just email her and ask.

Anyway, 100 posts in the past 8 months. Nice. That works out to, what, an average of 44.333333 posts per month? Thank you! I call that bit "The English-Major Attempts Mental Math."

No comments:

Post a Comment