Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Back from Bisbee, AZ again. Let's do this.

I'd like to say a brief word about Brian's second topic from a couple posts down. How disgusting is it that an inner city honor roll student was beaten to death for either A)Not joining a gang, or B)Being in the middle of a gang fight. Either way, they should take the guys who did that into the middle of their gang's territory, put them up on a platform, announce with bullhorns that this is happening, and shoot all three of them in the head. Maybe that will get some of these fucking morons who think this is a viable way of living to reconsider.

So now I guess it's going to be Kate Plus 8. Anyone want to put in for my pool of how many of these kids are going to end up fucked up by the time they're 18? My guess? Eight. When did TV and real life become interchangeable and how can we change it back? These are three of the top 10 stories on CNN right now:

6. Was John Gosselin trying to get fired?
7. [Spencer] Pratt and [Heidi] Montag "Barely Having Sex"
10. Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel Still On

First of all, I wish I didn't know who "Pratt and Montag" from the above were, but unfortunately I do. They're from The Hills, a show which has taken snobby rich southern California people and made them feel better about themselves than they already do, which is totally unnecessary. Second, here are my responses to the above.

6. Who cares?
7. Who cares?
10. Who cares?

I don't have a ton of stuff going on in my life at the moment, but I still can't be bothered to care what these people are up to. I'd rather sit here and watch terrible new Fall shows on Hulu with no friends or anyone to talk to than give a shit about what these people do. FAMOUS PEOPLE ARE JUST PEOPLE. They have jobs that people can see. They are no better or worse (probably they are worse) than you or me. No one should care who they date, who they sleep with, what their kids look like, what their kids are named, what they drink, where they eat, where they party, what they drive, where they shop, etc. Have you ever seen the show TMZ? Watch it for more than ten seconds and you'll find yourself waking up covered in blood in an alley smelling like gasoline. The other "celeb watch" shows on TV are just as bad.

The problem is, as evidenced by three of the top ten stories on CNN being about these people, that people actually watch and read this shit. How pathetic are our lives if we derive any sort of feeling from looking at pictures of Ashlee Simpson shopping in Malibu? Sure, John and Kate have eight kids, but does anyone care? John is a douche and a bad father like half the dads out there, and Kate is a self absorbed, plastic bitch more concerned with her fame than raising her kids. And we pay them to be like that! These kids are going to be pregnant and on drugs before they can drive if we keep doing this. And then you know what will happen? We'll marvel at the train wrecks they turned into. How could those precious little angels turn into these drug addled messes? Maybe it's because they weren't allowed to have a childhood outside of the TV because WE watched them. Maybe it's because every step they take, even after their 15 minutes of fame are over, we'll be watching, scrutinizing, judging, like they're circus freaks. They'll never have a chance to live normal lives, and the people who will be saying "How could this happen?" will be the people who caused it to happen. Read this in ten years and see if I'm wrong. In the meantime, STOP PAYING ATTENTION TO OTHER PEOPLE'S LIVES AND LIVE YOUR OWN.

And now Adam Presents: New Fall TV Show Reviews
1. Flashforward - Interesting premise, sloppy execution. No need to put an entire season worth of stuff in your pilot! You have at least a few episodes before you get cancelled.

2. Community - Great pilot, mediocre second episode. I'd basically go gay for Joel McHale. We'll see.

3. Modern Family - It's like an indie movie for mainstream TV watchers! Not as groudbreakingly, mind-numbingly awesome as it's made out to be, but it's good to see Al Bundy again and Sofia Vergara is ridiculously hot.

4. Glee - More like GAY-lee. Copyright 2009, Adam Jones, TIT Productions. Side note, did you realize that our acronym is TIT? I didn't.

5. Cougar Town - This may make me less of a man, and I really do hate part of myself for saying it, but the pilot made me laugh loud, and multiple times. Terrible name though, no getting around that.

6. Whatever that new show is after How I Met Your Mother - Sucks. That Dharma from Dharma and Greg should really get out of the entertainment business.

7. How I Met Your Mother - Not a new show, but still the best sitcom on TV.

And finally, in music news, the new Avett Brothers CD "I and Love and You" is on its way to me finally, and so is Lucero's new one. Shitchyeah.

And finally again, I saw my old friend Adam Buehler in DIA when I was going to Bisbee. Small world. He said he'd check this out. Hey Adam!

And finally

No comments:

Post a Comment