Tuesday, September 22, 2009

This weekend, John Kra-why-can't-I-ever-remember-his-last-name-but-he's-the-guy-in-the-American-version-of-The-Office is screening Brief Interviews with Hideous Men, his writing/directing debut. Of note: Brief Interviews is an adaptation of a David Foster Wallace short-story collection. The movie is showing at the IFC Center in Manhattan. This seems like a cool thing to go to. However, I'd like to finish reading Brief Interviews by the time I see the movie. And that just doesn't seem very likely. But we'll see.

The Daily Show won two more Emmy awards on Sunday. I'd really love to be able to write with them. Like, really.

I drank red wine straight from the bottle last night. That sounds a lot more edgy and cool without an explanation. (Really, it was because people were cleaning up a reception that had followed a fiction reading, and they wanted to get rid of the wine. There were maybe three swigs, that's it. I said I didn't have a glass. They said I should drink it from the bottle. And so I got peer-pressured into finishing the red wine.)

Also, I forgot to mention it, but, at the Weakerthans show, I bought this neat poster designed by Nat Damm. (I don't know the name, either, but he does cool silk-screen posters of bands on tour.) Check it out:

No comments:

Post a Comment