Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Well, Obama's speech has come and gone and it was every bit as controversial as the right wing radio hosts expected it to be. Personally, I'm wondering how Brian got an exact transcript of the speech before it was ever spoken. I think this sums it up pretty well. From a CNN article:

"There is no excuse for not trying," he told students at Wakefield High School in Arlington, Virginia.

"This isn't just important for your own life and your own future. What you make of your education will decide nothing less than the future of this country. What you're learning in school today will determine whether we as a nation can meet our greatest challenges in the future."


And this is what this lady had to say about the speech before she ever heard it. I think it's funnier if you imagine this is what she still thinks. I think this actually is probably what she still thinks:

"Thinking about my kids in school having to listen to that just really upsets me," suburban Colorado mother Shanneen Barron told CNN Denver affiliate KMGH last week.

"I'm an American. They are Americans, and I don't feel that's OK. I feel very scared to be in this country with our leadership right now."


You know, I feel very scared to be in this country too. At this point we're all worse off than 95% of the world, starving and rioting in the streets. Killing others for a piece of bread. Our children have been sold into sex slavery. Our mothers have been sold into steel mill slavery. Our fathers have been castrated and now their only purpose is to serve the Queen. I don't know about you, but I'm this close to resorting to cannibalism. If only we had elected President Palin, we'd all be filthy rich (except for the poor, but fuck them, right? right?), the deficit would have been erased, and we'd all be loaded up with guns to take on the no crime that existed. All drugs would be illegal, all abortions would be illegal, all pre-marital sex would be illegal, atheism would be illegal, gay marriage would be punishable by death, and we'd all be way, way better off. In fact, the prospect of having to spend the next three years in this country scares me so much, I think everyone else should leave. I'll stay here to hold up the rapidly collapsing ashes of this country long enough for you all to leave. You can thank me later, when you're living in whatever country you seem to think is more conservative than this one. Godspeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment